accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Record index within a Table
Date Tue, 04 Dec 2012 02:30:26 GMT
Michael,

Accumulo doesn't expose any internal offsets of Key-Value pairs through
the API. While it might be able to extrapolate some of this knowledge
from the underlying structure of Accumulo, that isn't the intent of what
Accumulo is trying to provide.

The first idea that comes to mind is that you could write an
SortedKeyValueIterator which takes some array of indices you wish to
find in the ColQual ([3], in your case) and perform the heavy-lifting on
the server. Your SKVI can scan through the data, consuming records which
do not match your index ([3]). Since you know that Accumulo will not
split your row "1" across multiple server (a tablet is never split
across a row), you should be able to fairly quickly get a stream back of
all key for the relative indices you provided. You can think of this as
a sequential read over the disk which should be relatively efficient.

The only caveat is that you would need to create a range to scan over
your entire row+colfam, for example:

Range=(1 1: , 1 1\x00: )

Where the colqual is empty.

- Josh