accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Anthony Fox <adfaccu...@gmail.com>
Subject Performance of table with large number of column families
Date Fri, 09 Nov 2012 16:26:35 GMT
I have a table set up to use the intersecting iterator pattern.  The
table has about 20M records which leads to 20M column families for the
data section - 1 unique column family per record.  The index section of
the table is not quite as large as the data section.  The rowkey is a
random padded integer partition between 0000000 and 9999999.  I turned
bloom filters on and used the ColumnFamilyFunctor to get performant
column family scans without specifying a range like in the bloom filter
examples in the README.  However, my column family scans (without any
custom iterator) are still fairly slow - ~30 seconds for a column family
batch scan of one record. I've also tried RowFunctor but I see similar
performance.  Can anyone shed any light on the performance metrics I'm
seeing?

Thanks,
Anthony