accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Billie Rinaldi <bil...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Accumulo Map Reduce is not distributed
Date Mon, 05 Nov 2012 17:18:17 GMT
On Mon, Nov 5, 2012 at 8:54 AM, Cornish, Duane C.
<Duane.Cornish@jhuapl.edu>wrote:

> Billie,****
>
> ** **
>
> Thanks for the advice.  I have had those variables set correctly in
> accumulo-env.sh.  I’ve been using this cloud for a couple months with no
> problems (I was not running map reduce jobs on it though).  I also just
> checked and re-exported those environment variables right before I run my
> Accumulo MR job.  I tried outputting the environment variables from within
> my job class and they resolve correctly.  ****
>
> ** **
>
> Does it matter that I am using Accumulo version 1.4.1 and hadoop 1.0.3?  I
> know that Accumulo 1.4.1 was tested with hadoop 0.20.2.  ****
>
> ** **
>
> Any further guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Hadoop 1.0.3 should be fine.  It's likely to be what David Medinets
suggested.  To get the Hadoop conf on your classpath, try something like
the following (assuming you're running your job with "hadoop jar"):

export HADOOP_CLASSPATH=$HADOOP_HOME/conf:$HADOOP_CLASSPATH

Billie