accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Roshan Punnoose <rosh...@gmail.com>
Subject Reverse Index Timestamp
Date Tue, 27 Nov 2012 15:41:54 GMT
I want to have a table where the row will consist of "<string>-<reverse
index timestamp>". But this means that the data is always being prefixed to
the beginning of the row (or tablet if the row is large). Will this be a
problem for compaction or performance?

I don't know if I heard this correctly, but someone once mentioned that
making the row id the direct timestamp could cause performance issues
because data is always going to one tablet, but also because there is
trouble splitting since it always appends to the tablet. Is this true, is
it similar to what could happen if I am always prefixing to a tablet?

Thanks!
Roshan