accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Michael Peterson <mike.peter...@ptech-llc.com>
Subject RE: Authentication - Kerberose
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2012 01:39:29 GMT
Hi John,
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ACCUMULO-259 is dated in January and it talks to ZKAuthentictor
being schedule for 1.5. Would you be able to provide an update on the status? It's almost
a year later and 1.5 is on the horizon. It would be awesome to be able to make the statement
that, "Accumulo will have robust authentication in the 1.5 release.", especially given the
window of opportunity!

Those supporting competing technologies are making statements like, "we plan to implement
'this' in future releases" or "we're close but not there yet" (although they already have
authentication). There are subtle but significant difference in technologies that do and ones
that will do, soon.
Thanks,
Mike
PS -  Thanks for the feedback, Mike

From: Mike Drob [mdrob@mdrob.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 01, 2012 5:37 PM
To: user@accumulo.apache.org
Cc: John Vines
Subject: Re: Authentication - Kerberose

There are a couple tickets that involve making Accumulo and Kerberos play nice -

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ACCUMULO-404 was to get accumulo running on a kerberized
HDFS
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ACCUMULO-259 is for potentially delegating the authentications
to an external system (i.e. KRB)

It looks like it was planned for 1.5, but John can probably chime in and let us know of the
status.

Mike

On Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 2:20 PM, Michael Peterson <mike.peterson@ptech-llc.com<mailto:mike.peterson@ptech-llc.com>>