accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Eric Newton <eric.new...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Run multiple accumulo instances on one Hadoop cluster
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2012 15:01:16 GMT
>From the monitoring user interface, see the Documentation link, then
Configuration, see the first property:

instance.dfs.dir

You'll also change all the port numbers from the defaults.  And there's a
port number in conf/generic_logger.xml that points to the logging port on
the monitor.

For example, here are some entries from my conf/accumulo-site.xml file:

    <property>
      <name>master.port.client</name>
      <value>10010</value>
    </property>

    <property>
      <name>tserver.port.client</name>
      <value>10011</value>
    </property>

    <property>
      <name>gc.port.client</name>
      <value>10101</value>
    </property>

    <property>
      <name>trace.port.client</name>
      <value>10111</value>
    </property>

    <property>
      <name>monitor.port.client</name>
      <value>11111</value>
    </property>

    <property>
      <name>monitor.port.log4j</name>
      <value>1560</value>
    </property>

And conf generic_logger.xml:

  <!-- Send all logging data to a centralized logger -->
  <appender name="N1" class="org.apache.log4j.net.SocketAppender">
     <param name="remoteHost"
value="${org.apache.accumulo.core.host.log}"/>
     <param name="port"           value="1560"/>
     <param name="application"
 value="${org.apache.accumulo.core.application}:${org.apache.accumulo.core.ip.localhost.hostname}"/>
     <param name="Threshold"      value="WARN"/>
  </appender>

-Eric