accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Eric Newton <eric.new...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OpenTSDB and Accumulo
Date Fri, 05 Oct 2012 01:47:04 GMT
I don't know, but it should be fairly easy; there's a REST API.  You can
always pull datapoints out of accumulo yourself.  I wish I was better at
visualization.

Sometimes, when doing post-failure analysis, it would be *really* nice to
know:

"Hey, was accumulo pushed into swap?"
"Did real memory get low?"
"Was java GC taking more and more time?"
"Huh... the New Generation was really getting huge."

So, that's my interest in it: gathering additional information, so after a
partial failure, we can determine what should be done to prevent problems
in the future.

At this point, it's good enough to use the built-in web server to explore
the datapoints during a failure event.

One thing that would be nice: analyse I/O performance over time to find
hardware that is having problems, but has not yet failed.

-Eric