accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Jeff Kubina <jeff.kub...@gmail.com>
Subject What is the Communication and Time Complexity for Bulk Inserts?
Date Thu, 18 Oct 2012 14:49:39 GMT
I am deriving the time complexities for an algorithm I implemented in
Hadoop using Accumulo and need to know the time complexity of bulk
inserting m records evenly distributed across p nodes into an empty
table with p tablet servers. Assuming B is the bandwidth of the
network, would the communication complexity be O(m/B) and the
computation complexity O(m/p * log(m/p))? If the table contained n
records would the values be O(m/B) and O(m/p * log(m/p) + n/p)?