accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Bob.Thor...@l-3com.com
Subject RE: storm and accumulo
Date Wed, 17 Oct 2012 17:59:19 GMT
I'm trying to connect message queues to a topology that will terminate
in a batchWriter.  Along the way I want to put some bolts in place that
detect certain events/sequences and make the proper asynchronous
notifications.  I'm considering storm for its ability to scale
horizontally because I expect the number of message queues and message
volume to grow considerably.  That being said I'm wondering if I should
build in some scalability into the batchWriters (i.e. the number of
instances of batchWriter) or will it scale by itself as long as I
configure it with the upper end of the volume, like the diagram below
(if it makes it through).

From: Juan Moreno [mailto:jwellington.moreno@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 17, 2012 12:16
To: user@accumulo.apache.org
Subject: Re: storm and accumulo

Hello Bob,

We use Accumulo and Storm together in my project and have had good
success with it. The only challenge  of course, is when you care about
order and exactly-once semantics. That said, Storm's transactional
Topologies isn't something easily adapted for Accumulo.

Also, if you care about guaranteeing data processing, be sure to do some
manual acking.

Accumulo is failry record/tuple oriented which works well with storm.
What are you trying to do with Storm and Accumulo exactly?