accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Sami Omer <so...@eoir.com>
Subject Concurrent updates
Date Tue, 16 Oct 2012 20:51:07 GMT
Hello everyone,

I'm using Accumulo 1.3.6 as the backend for a project that I've been working on, I'm relatively
new to it.

I have written a client that appends some of the data stored in my Accumulo backend. Now,
if I have multiple clients running and  they perform the read/update operation simultaneously
I might run into concurrency problems. So, I was wondering what could be done to prevent such
race conditions. Does Accumulo have an equivalent to RDBMS's transactions? Or is there a way
to lock rows that are currently being processed for read/update? Do you have any other ways
to solve the issue of concurrent updates?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Sami