accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Corey Nolet <cno...@texeltek.com>
Subject Re: Difference between InsertWithBatchWriter and InsertWithOutputFormat
Date Wed, 17 Oct 2012 02:25:19 GMT
You can extend the output format to write to both and have the resulting record writer underneath
write to the correct endpoint depending on the items submitted from the job.

On Oct 16, 2012, at 10:16 PM, Huanchen Zhang wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Hese I have a mapreduce job which needs to write to accumulo. I checked the examples.
It seems there are two different ways to write to accumulo, one is InsertWithBatchWriter,
one is InsertWithOutputFormat.

> So, what is the difference of them ? Which one should I choose ?
>
> I actually need to write to accumulo and hdfs in the same job. I seems InsertWithOutputFormat
cannot do this, because it needs to set the output format as "AccumuloOutputFormat.class",
and can only write to accumulo in one job, right ?