accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] accumulo-1.4.2 RC2
Date Tue, 23 Oct 2012 19:46:31 GMT
Since the build.sh script is failing on one platform due to known
reasons which can be reproduced (assuming Mike's fix works for Bill), I
don't see a reason to push back the 1.4.2 release.

Given that this hasn't been addressed in RC3, what does everyone else
think? Is providing a notice along with the 1.4.2 release sufficient to
warn people about the known rat issue on OSX and then create a fix for
1.4.3 or 1.5.0 sufficient? Do we even feel the need to note the
workaround (as this would require another round of signing, staging and
voting?

Personally, I don't think we need to revisit this for 1.4.2 as long as
Mike's fix works for Bill because most users aren't going to use the
build.sh script anyways. They'll download the source just run `mvn
package && mvn assembly:single -N` as the README tells them, or they'll
just download the pre-build distribution.

On 10/22/2012 10:53 PM, William Slacum wrote:
> Thanks Mr. Moustache-- I ended up just kicking up the expected number of
> files from 53 to 55. Should we put in an OS check in the script as a band
> aid, since it seems OSX isn't playing nicely?
>
> On Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 10:41 PM, Michael Flester <flester@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Wilhelm --
>>
>> For the release of 1.3.6 a while back if I switched out the "mvn
>> rat:check" line in
>> assemble/build.sh with this:
>>
>>    mvn org.apache.rat:apache-rat-plugin:check
>>
>> I could get the build to pass on OS X, otherwise the odp
>> files would break it like you say. I just tested this on
>> trunk and it did not make the build pass but I don't think
>> the issue on trunk is related to odp files.
>>

>> On Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 10:34 PM, William Slacum <
>> wilhelm.von.cloud@accumulo.net> wrote:
>>
>>> I replied to the thread David made, since I think Billie has run into the
>>> same issue. I'm on OSX 10.7.5 and I believe
>>> it's docs/src/developer_manual/component_docs.odp
>>> and test/system/continuous/ScaleTest.odp, since she mentioned that some
>>> versions seem not care if it's binary or not.

  I think this
because you

the following