accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Kristopher Kane <kkane.l...@gmail.com>
Subject Failed recovery after master/tservers IP chages
Date Sun, 23 Sep 2012 14:50:10 GMT
All,

I was doing some shuffling around at home and changed IPs on my master
and all tservers.  I thought this would be OK as I had configured
everything via hostnames but I've got some log entries that say
otherwise:

Unable to recover
192.168.122.222:11224/d41fc0de-f4bc-4c28-a4ae-a0114c5911d7(java.io.IOException:
org.apache.thrift.transport.TTransportException:
java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out)
	java.io.IOException: org.apache.thrift.transport.TTransportException:
java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out

This is the master reporting on two tservers of the four I have.  Also
to note:  I did have an unclean shutdown prior to the IP changes and
the monitor shows no tablets loaded for any table with the recovery
directory in HDFS empty.
I don't need the data and I can always init, but I was curious about
fixing this to learn more about the system.

Where is a good place to start?

Thanks,

-Kris Kane