accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Marc Parisi <m...@accumulo.net>
Subject Re: [receivers.SendSpansViaThrift] ERROR: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
Date Wed, 05 Sep 2012 17:31:24 GMT
Typically I've only used 1 tracer ( and usually ) on my master; however,
I'm not sure of any suggested guidance, especially in regards to
scalability.

Be aware of the following if you have a different password for the tracer

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/accumulo-user/201202.mbox/%3CCADxc9BmhA4vRqT5Nn6TUAWNSRxtJMA3+K+2R2sbXAw06z2RL0A@mail.gmail.com%3E

On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 1:21 PM, Fred Wolfinger <fred.wolfinger@g2-inc.com>wrote:

> Hey Marc,
>
> I can't tell you how much I appreciate the quick response. I never touched
> the tracers fie, so it still just says localhost. If I have a master and 3
> slaves, which IP's go into that file? All, or just the slaves?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Fred
>

> On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 1:15 PM, Marc Parisi <marc@accumulo.net> wrote:
>
>> have you verified that the tracers are running?
>>
>> look at /conf/tracers to make sure you have them configured and that they
>> are running on those servers.
>>

>> On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 1:06 PM, Fred Wolfinger <fred.wolfinger@g2-inc.com
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> I am trying to get data into a single table. I am getting very high
>>> error counts from all tablet servers and loggers of which there are 3
>>> each.....all with the same error:
>>>
>>> 05 12:58:02,224 [receivers.SendSpansViaThrift] ERROR:
>>> java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
>>> java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
>>> at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)
>>> at
>>> java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.doConnect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:327)
>>>  at
>>> java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:193)
>>> at
>>> java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:180)
>>>  at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:384)
>>> at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:546)
>>> at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:495)
>>>  at
>>> org.apache.accumulo.cloudtrace.instrument.receivers.SendSpansViaThrift.createDestination(SendSpansViaThrift.java:53)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.accumulo.cloudtrace.instrument.receivers.SendSpansViaThrift.createDestination(SendSpansViaThrift.java:34)
>>>  at
>>> org.apache.accumulo.cloudtrace.instrument.receivers.AsyncSpanReceiver.sendSpans(AsyncSpanReceiver.java:87)
>>> at