accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Eric Newton <eric.new...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: tabletserver Error
Date Fri, 14 Sep 2012 19:52:57 GMT
I don't know why your servers are showing up with weird names, but you can
ignore "Failed to load native map library
/usr/local/accumulo-1.4.1/lib/native/map/libNativeMap-Linux-amd64-64.so."
 The server will use the non-native implementation.

The java implementation of the internal map uses JVM heap memory, but the
native version uses memory outside of the JVM.  That's why the two
configurations give the JVM different amounts of memory.

You can always rebuild the native code for your environment so that it
loads:

 $ cd ./src/server/src/main/c++
# ensure the sources are newer than the libraries
 $ find . -name '*.h' -print | xargs touch
# rebuild: need to have developer tools installed
 $ make JAVA_HOME=/path/to/java/home

-Eric

On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 3:42 PM, Cornish, Duane C. <Duane.Cornish@jhuapl.edu