accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Eric Newton <eric.new...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Accumulo Between Two Centers (DR - disaster recovery)
Date Wed, 26 Sep 2012 13:46:50 GMT
I think you're talking about 2 different things.

Accumulo is architected to run on fast connections.  If you add one
slowly connected computer, generally speaking, it will make everything
run slowly.

Replication is typically used to send copies from one data center to
another, so that each has a local copy.  Typically, the trick uses
extra latency in updates to the copies to compensate for the
relatively slow connections between data centers.

Accumulo does not presently support replication.  See ACCUMULO-378.

-Eric