accumulo-user mailing list archives

From "Cornish, Duane C." <Duane.Corn...@jhuapl.edu>
Subject RE: tablet server initialization issue
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2012 15:08:50 GMT
Adam,
In my   tserver_*.debug.log     file, it says:
[tabletserver.TabletServer] INFO : Tablet server starting on 127.0.0.1

On all of the other nodes, in place of the 127.0.0.1, the machine's actual IP address appears.
 I am using bin/start-all.sh on the name node to launch the cluster.  When I run hostname,
I do see the correct name and it is formatted the same way as the other machines.  I'll look
into the DNS setup to make sure everything else seems correct.

Thanks for your help,
Duane

From: Adam Fuchs [mailto:afuchs@apache.org]
Sent: Wednesday, September 19, 2012 11:01 AM
To: user@accumulo.apache.org
Subject: Re: tablet server initialization issue

I assume you mean it's listening on 127.0.0.1 on that node? Are you using bin/start-all.sh
to launch your cluster? I would guess this is a DNS setup issue on that one machine. Maybe
something like the domainname not being set? When you run "hostname" on that machine, do you
get a similar format to what you see on the other nodes?

Adam

On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 9:38 AM, Cornish, Duane C. <Duane.Cornish@jhuapl.edu<mailto:Duane.Cornish@jhuapl.edu>>