accumulo-user mailing list archives

From "Cornish, Duane C." <Duane.Corn...@jhuapl.edu>
Subject RE: tabletserver Error
Date Fri, 14 Sep 2012 19:59:26 GMT
Thanks, Eric.  I'll look into trying that.

From: Eric Newton [mailto:eric.newton@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, September 14, 2012 3:53 PM
To: user@accumulo.apache.org
Subject: Re: tabletserver Error

I don't know why your servers are showing up with weird names, but you can ignore "Failed
to load native map library /usr/local/accumulo-1.4.1/lib/native/map/libNativeMap-Linux-amd64-64.so."
 The server will use the non-native implementation.

The java implementation of the internal map uses JVM heap memory, but the native version uses
memory outside of the JVM.  That's why the two configurations give the JVM different amounts
of memory.

You can always rebuild the native code for your environment so that it loads:

 $ cd ./src/server/src/main/c++
# ensure the sources are newer than the libraries
 $ find . -name '*.h' -print | xargs touch
# rebuild: need to have developer tools installed
 $ make JAVA_HOME=/path/to/java/home

-Eric

On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 3:42 PM, Cornish, Duane C. <Duane.Cornish@jhuapl.edu<mailto:Duane.Cornish@jhuapl.edu>>