accumulo-user mailing list archives

From "Cardon, Tejay E" <tejay.e.car...@lmco.com>
Subject RE: EXTERNAL: Re: AccumuloInputFormat and non-Text Keys
Date Fri, 14 Sep 2012 18:29:40 GMT
Excellent.  Thank you.  And thanks you all of you for getting answers out so quickly.

Tejay

From: Billie Rinaldi [mailto:billie@apache.org]
Sent: Friday, September 14, 2012 11:32 AM
To: user@accumulo.apache.org
Subject: EXTERNAL: Re: AccumuloInputFormat and non-Text Keys

On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 9:54 AM, Cardon, Tejay E <tejay.e.cardon@lmco.com<mailto:tejay.e.cardon@lmco.com>>
wrote:
All,
I went to write some map/reduce code today that will use the AccumuloInputFormat to add records
to Accumulo.  However, when I went to build my Mutation object, it quickly became apparent
that Mutation only supports character based keys (Text and CharSequence).  Is there any way
to write records to Accumulo in Map Reduce when column qualifiers or column families are binary
data rather than char data?

Text is just a wrapper for a byte array.  You can put binary data in a Text.

Billie

Thanks,
Tejay