accumulo-user mailing list archives

From dlmar...@comcast.net
Subject Re: Running Accumulo straight from Memory
Date Wed, 12 Sep 2012 16:56:17 GMT

Matt,

  Did you see Eric Newton's response yesterday? Running on a ram disk has been done; however
minor and major compactions will still occur.

- Dave

----- Original Message -----

From: "Matthew J. Moore" <MATTHEW.J.MOORE@saic.com>
To: user@accumulo.apache.org
Sent: Wednesday, September 12, 2012 12:32:31 PM
Subject: RE: Running Accumulo straight from Memory

Adam,

It does look like we are the first to try this.  We are trying to keep everything in memory
and as a result there is no minor compactions, and probably major compactions to make tables
larger.  We tried this on SSDs using a file system and we were not getting the processing
speeds that we had wanted.

Matt