accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Steven Troxell <steven.trox...@gmail.com>
Subject Time requirement between shutting down tablet servers?
Date Mon, 06 Aug 2012 14:25:09 GMT
Is there a problem with shutting down tablet servers in quick succession?
I am attempting to scale back from 10 tservers to 2 for benchmark testing,
but I am running into problems where the at some point, the monitor stops
showing the remaining servers (that I hadn't gotten to kill yet) as
online.  I see numerous Connection refused, and unable to recover errors in
my logs, but there's no consistency as to after how many servers shut down
that I lose everythying.  The only thing I've picked up on is higher
success rates, when I leave larger gaps of time in between shutting
servers.  Is this reasonable/expected behavior?

I am using the bin/stop-here.sh command to kill servers.  Alternatively I
have tried ./bin/stop-all.sh,  then running ./bin/start-here.sh  on master
and individual tablet servers I want running, but that doesn't seem to
bring them up

Thanks,
Steve