accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Edmon Begoli <ebeg...@gmail.com>
Subject Security and data design advice on structuring data on accumulo
Date Wed, 08 Aug 2012 20:08:34 GMT
I am trying to model the healthcare claim on accumulo and I want to
lay it out so that it:

A. Accurately reflects the structure of the claim

B. I could have controls finely applied to different sections of the document

I am simplifying matter but claim contains claim document identifiers,
demographics of the patient, and line items for the procedures
performed:

claim identifier, data submitted, data processed, state of origin, ...
patient name, dob, location, other identifiers
procedure 1 code, procedure 1 provider, procedure 1 cost, ...
procedure n code, procedure n provider, procedure n cost, ...

Patient demographic fields are PHI (personal health information) and
these should not be visible to all who want to perform analysis, but
only to main administrators,
patient and maybe physician. I assume these would have to have
separate authorization label.

Other fields may be visible to different groups of people - i.e.
federal claim administrators can see all, but  regional offices can
only see their states.
Separate, more permissive labels.

Finally, it might make sense to "elevate" some fields for easy access
and analysis - ie. diagnostic codes, zip code, cost.
This would not be a matter of labels, but data design.

With all this in mind, I would welcome if anyone has any security and
data design suggestions.