accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Matt Parker <parker20...@gmail.com>
Subject Accumulo 1.4 Memory Issues
Date Thu, 02 Aug 2012 17:16:55 GMT
I setup a single instance Accumulo server.

I can load 32K rows of image metadata without issue.

I have another set of routines that build a dynamic spatial index, where
nodes are inserted/updated/deleted over time.
These operations are typically done one at a time, where each batchwriter
are closed after use.

It loads maybe a couple hundred operations, and then it dies with an
OutOfMemory error when trying to close a batchwriter.

I tried uping the memery settings on my client and on the tserver, but the
results were the same.

Outside of Accumulo, I can build the whole index in memory without any
special JVM memory settings. I was wondering whether anyone else had run
into a similar issue?