accumulo-user mailing list archives

From "Cardon, Tejay E" <tejay.e.car...@lmco.com>
Subject RE: EXTERNAL: Re: Large files in Accumulo
Date Thu, 23 Aug 2012 20:37:46 GMT
In my case I'll be doing a document based index store (like the wikisearch example), but my
documents may be as large as several GB.  I just wanted to pick the collective brain of the
group to see if I'm walking into a major headache.  If it's never been tried before, then
I'll give it a shot and report back.

Tejay

From: William Slacum [mailto:wilhelm.von.cloud@accumulo.net]
Sent: Thursday, August 23, 2012 2:07 PM
To: user@accumulo.apache.org
Subject: EXTERNAL: Re: Large files in Accumulo

Are these RFiles as a whole? I know at some point HBase needed to have entire rows fit into
memory; Accumulo does not have this restriction.
On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 12:55 PM, Cardon, Tejay E <tejay.e.cardon@lmco.com<mailto:tejay.e.cardon@lmco.com>>
wrote:
Alright, this one's a quick question.  I've been told that HBase does not perform well if
large (> 100MB) files are stored in it).  Does Accumulo have similar trouble?  If so, can
it be overcome by storing the large files in their own locality group?

Thanks,
Tejay