accumulo-user mailing list archives

From John Armstrong <j...@ccri.com>
Subject Re: Setting appropriate user authorizations - how and what are the best practices
Date Mon, 06 Aug 2012 14:49:55 GMT
On 08/06/2012 10:45 AM, John Vines wrote:
> That error occurs when a user tried to do a scan with an authorization
> they do not have granted to them. Make sure that the user has the
> authorizations they are trying to scan with (if this is an unintended
> error). Otherwise, it's working as intended.

I ran into that myself, and it's easy enough (for me) to make sure users
only ever request authorizations they've been granted, but it did make
me wonder why throw an exception there?  Why not only apply the
intersection of granted+requested authorizations and log a warning to
note that an ungranted authorization was requested and ignored?