accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Kristopher Kane <kkane.l...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: egrep usage - 1.3.4
Date Fri, 27 Jul 2012 17:30:46 GMT
I got it to work, but some interesting things.

My RHEL egrep will return for characters that exist after the match
automatically

For example:  Matching for "2009"  on "2009000000000" returns in RHEL but
does not in the shell.

To match the same in the shell I had to add \\d* for the remaining
characters.  Note the escaping of the meta character.

Is that just a Java regex standard?

-Kris