accumulo-user mailing list archives

From David Medinets <david.medin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: monitor.Monitor - Unable to contact the garbage collector - connection refused
Date Fri, 13 Jul 2012 01:41:49 GMT
I was thinking that someone might not want hostname and port
information in log files for security reasons. By putting the
'sensitive' information in a DEBUG message instead of an WARNING
message the level of exposure can be controlled by log4j. Perhaps a
non-issue, but with these days of consolidating log files into one
location for analysis using two messages does provide a bit of cover
when talking security.