accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Marc Parisi <m...@accumulo.net>
Subject Re: EXTERNAL: Re: GLIBC error
Date Wed, 25 Jul 2012 15:45:04 GMT
It's odd you don't have make clean.

The INSTALL DIR is:

INSTALL_DIR=../../../../../lib/native/map

So, move the libNativemap files in there. Run make ; make install

If you still have issues, do an objdump -T on the binary. Run objdump -T
libNativeMap-Linux-amd64-64.so | grep GLIBCXX and see which version of
glibc are being linked against.

You can then run objdump -x /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6 | grep GLIBCXX to see
what version of glibc you have installed. I'd venture that this step is
superfluous. I'm curious why your make script isn't working.

are you running it from c++/ or c++/nativeMap ? The latter has the target
'clean' The former does not appear to ( if I recall correctly ).

On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 11:12 AM, Cardon, Tejay E <tejay.e.cardon@lmco.com>
wrote:

> Thanks for the help, everyone.  I tried doing a make clean, but there was
no "clean" available.  Same for make install.  I did go delete the
libs/native folder and then re-run make.  That rebuilt the libs, but the
error continues.  Any other ideas?

> Tejay

target. The existing libraries in lib/native will be overwritten by virtue
of the `cp` command the Makefile runs.

> On 07/24/2012 05:00 PM, Cardon, Tejay E wrote:
> > Thanks Keith, that probably would have bit me.  So the ideal would be
> >
> > make clean&  make&  make install
> >
> > Right??
> >
> > And would that work if the libs already exist, or do I need to delete
them first?

> > Tejay

install.  If the intermediate files exists for some reason, the make
install will do nothing.

> >> should fix it right up. You may have to delete any existing native
> >> map libraries in your lib directory. If you want to generate a tar.gz
> >> with those libs, then run mvn -N assembly:single
> >>
> >> John
> >>

> >> On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 5:22 PM, Cardon, Tejay E
> >> <tejay.e.cardon@lmco.com>
get an error about setting up log4j.  Any suggestions?