accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Roger Lloyd <roger.lloyd...@gmail.com>
Subject A couple of anomalies
Date Sat, 14 Jul 2012 23:18:36 GMT
I was looking for some insights in regards to a couple of issues I have
seen, and the likely cause/solution.

1)  Tables go blank

So, everything kicking along fine, I am loading data, works beautifully for
days even weeks adding hundreds of millions of entries, splitting tablets,
etc. - just smooth.  Suddenly, I run into an issue where under the web
console all the tables all just go to "-" for their values (except the
!METADATA table).

What could/would cause this?

What is the smart way to react?  Our previous attempts have been 1) re-init
and reload through the Client API and 2) re-init and recover the tables
using the bulk loading scheme mentioned in this mailing list.  Not sure
that we haven't taken more rash action than necessary, simply because we
could afford to reload, etc.  When we increase our deployment, that will be
less of an option.  Not sure what we are doing something wrong overall.

2) Client connections to Zookeeper

When I am writing a client in Eclipse, we seem to have this issue where it
cycles connections creating and closing sessions (with no errors at all),
but if I suspend the thread in Eclipse and start it again, then the session
opens and stays open.  I realize this is probably a Zookeeper problem, but
can someone give me a quick run down of what is happening there under the
hood, so I could try running some zKCli commands to simulate the issue?

We are running version: 1.4.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT and Zookeeper 3.4.3.  If
we wanted to upgrade to 1.4.1, how involved would that be?  Just replace
the jar files and the config files?  Or would we need to migrate data?

Thanks for your help.

Roger