accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Eric Newton <eric.new...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: A couple of anomalies
Date Sun, 15 Jul 2012 00:09:02 GMT
Is there anything red  or yellow on the monitor pages?

There's a layering to availability:

Most of the monitoring is done via the master, so if it has recently
restarted, you will see almost no useful information.

The first tablet of the METADATA table needs to be assigned, recovered
and functional.  If you see only one tablet assigned... it needs to be
healthy before anything else can happen.

Next, the rest of the METADATA table needs to be assigned, recovered
and functional.

If you are seeing "-" then the METADATA table is not available for some reason.

Ensure that hadoop & zookeeper are not using /tmp for storage.

-Eric