accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Hugh Xedni <hughxe...@gmail.com>
Subject Major Compacting ISAMs
Date Fri, 27 Jul 2012 15:23:06 GMT
If I load sorted key-value map or ISAM files into HDFS via bulk loading,
how can I ensure only one file will be assigned to a tablet and major
compaction is avoided?

http://accumulo.apache.org/1.4/user_manual/Accumulo_Design.html
Compactions
In order to manage the number of files per tablet, periodically the
TabletServer performs Major Compactions of files within a tablet, in which
some set of ISAM files are combined into one file. The previous files will
eventually be removed by the Garbage Collector. This also provides an
opportunity to permanently remove deleted key-value pairs by omitting
key-value pairs suppressed by a delete entry when the new file is created.

--
Thank you,

Hugh Xedni