accumulo-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Jonathan Hsu <jreucyp...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Keep Tables on Shutdown
Date Fri, 27 Jul 2012 14:54:08 GMT
Yes, I ran "/opt/hadoop/bin/start-all.sh"

On Fri, Jul 27, 2012 at 10:51 AM, Marc Parisi <marc@accumulo.net> wrote:

> Is HDFS running?
>
>
> On Fri, Jul 27, 2012 at 10:49 AM, Jonathan Hsu <jreucypoda@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> So i changed the dfs.data.dir and dfs.name.dir and tried to re-start
>> accumulo.
>>
>> On running this command : "/opt/accumulo/bin/accumulo init" I get the
>> following error :
>>
>>
>> 27 10:46:29,041 [ipc.Client] INFO : Retrying connect to server: localhost/
>> 127.0.0.1:9000. Already tried 0 time(s).
>> 27 10:46:30,043 [ipc.Client] INFO : Retrying connect to server: localhost/
>> 127.0.0.1:9000. Already tried 1 time(s).
>> 27 10:46:31,045 [ipc.Client] INFO : Retrying connect to server: localhost/
>> 127.0.0.1:9000. Already tried 2 time(s).
>> 27 10:46:32,047 [ipc.Client] INFO : Retrying connect to server: localhost/
>> 127.0.0.1:9000. Already tried 3 time(s).
>> 27 10:46:33,048 [ipc.Client] INFO : Retrying connect to server: localhost/
>> 127.0.0.1:9000. Already tried 4 time(s).
>> 27 10:46:34,050 [ipc.Client] INFO : Retrying connect to server: localhost/
>> 127.0.0.1:9000. Already tried 5 time(s).
>> 27 10:46:35,052 [ipc.Client] INFO : Retrying connect to server: localhost/
>> 127.0.0.1:9000. Already tried 6 time(s).
>> 27 10:46:36,054 [ipc.Client] INFO : Retrying connect to server: localhost/
>> 127.0.0.1:9000. Already tried 7 time(s).
>> 27 10:46:37,056 [ipc.Client] INFO : Retrying connect to server: localhost/
>> 127.0.0.1:9000. Already tried 8 time(s).
>> 27 10:46:38,057 [ipc.Client] INFO : Retrying connect to server: localhost/
>> 127.0.0.1:9000. Already tried 9 time(s).
>> 27 10:46:38,060 [util.Initialize] FATAL: java.net.ConnectException: Call
>> to localhost/127.0.0.1:9000 failed on connection exception:
>> java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
>> java.net.ConnectException: Call to localhost/127.0.0.1:9000 failed on
>> connection exception: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
>> at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Client.wrapException(Client.java:767)
>>  at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Client.call(Client.java:743)
>> at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RPC$Invoker.invoke(RPC.java:220)
>>  at $Proxy0.getProtocolVersion(Unknown Source)
>> at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RPC.getProxy(RPC.java:359)
>>  at
>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSClient.createRPCNamenode(DFSClient.java:106)
>> at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSClient.<init>(DFSClient.java:207)
>>  at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSClient.<init>(DFSClient.java:170)
>> at
>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DistributedFileSystem.initialize(DistributedFileSystem.java:82)
>>  at
>> org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem.createFileSystem(FileSystem.java:1378)
>> at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem.access$200(FileSystem.java:66)
>>  at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem$Cache.get(FileSystem.java:1390)
>> at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem.get(FileSystem.java:196)
>>  at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem.get(FileSystem.java:95)
>> at org.apache.accumulo.core.file.FileUtil.getFileSystem(FileUtil.java:554)
>>  at org.apache.accumulo.server.util.Initialize.main(Initialize.java:426)
>> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>>  at
>> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
>> at
>> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
>>  at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
>> at org.apache.accumulo.start.Main$1.run(Main.java:89)
>>  at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:680)
>> Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
>> at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.checkConnect(Native Method)
>>  at
>> sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.finishConnect(SocketChannelImpl.java:567)
>> at
>> org.apache.hadoop.net.SocketIOWithTimeout.connect(SocketIOWithTimeout.java:206)
>>  at org.apache.hadoop.net.NetUtils.connect(NetUtils.java:404)
>> at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Client$Connection.setupIOstreams(Client.java:304)
>>  at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Client$Connection.access$1700(Client.java:176)
>> at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Client.getConnection(Client.java:860)
>>  at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Client.call(Client.java:720)
>> ... 20 more
>> Thread "init" died null
>> java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
>> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>> at
>> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
>>  at
>> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
>> at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
>>  at org.apache.accumulo.start.Main$1.run(Main.java:89)
>> at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:680)
>> Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.net.ConnectException: Call to
>> localhost/127.0.0.1:9000 failed on connection exception:
>> java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
>>  at org.apache.accumulo.server.util.Initialize.main(Initialize.java:436)
>> ... 6 more
>> Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Call to localhost/127.0.0.1:9000failed on connection
exception: java.net.ConnectException: Connection
>> refused
>> at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Client.wrapException(Client.java:767)
>>  at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Client.call(Client.java:743)
>> at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RPC$Invoker.invoke(RPC.java:220)
>>  at $Proxy0.getProtocolVersion(Unknown Source)
>> at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RPC.getProxy(RPC.java:359)
>>  at
>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSClient.createRPCNamenode(DFSClient.java:106)
>> at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSClient.<init>(DFSClient.java:207)
>>  at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSClient.<init>(DFSClient.java:170)
>> at
>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DistributedFileSystem.initialize(DistributedFileSystem.java:82)
>>  at
>> org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem.createFileSystem(FileSystem.java:1378)
>> at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem.access$200(FileSystem.java:66)
>>  at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem$Cache.get(FileSystem.java:1390)
>> at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem.get(FileSystem.java:196)
>>  at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem.get(FileSystem.java:95)
>> at org.apache.accumulo.core.file.FileUtil.getFileSystem(FileUtil.java:554)
>>  at org.apache.accumulo.server.util.Initialize.main(Initialize.java:426)
>> ... 6 more
>> Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
>> at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.checkConnect(Native Method)
>> at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.finishConnect(SocketChannelImpl.java:567)
>>  at
>> org.apache.hadoop.net.SocketIOWithTimeout.connect(SocketIOWithTimeout.java:206)
>> at org.apache.hadoop.net.NetUtils.connect(NetUtils.java:404)
>>  at
>> org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Client$Connection.setupIOstreams(Client.java:304)
>> at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Client$Connection.access$1700(Client.java:176)
>>  at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Client.getConnection(Client.java:860)
>> at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Client.call(Client.java:720)
>>  ... 20 more
>>
>>
>> On Fri, Jul 27, 2012 at 10:45 AM, Marc Parisi <marc@accumulo.net> wrote:
>>
>>> accumulo init is used to initialize the instance. are you running that
>>> every time?
>>>
>>> though it should error because you already have an instance, perhaps not
>>> setting the dfs.data.dir AND initializing it might cause the error
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> On Fri, Jul 27, 2012 at 10:42 AM, Jonathan Hsu <jreucypoda@gmail.com>wrote:
>>>
>>>> I'm running these commands to start :
>>>>
>>>> /opt/hadoop/bin/start-all.sh
>>>> /opt/zookeeper/bin/zkServer.sh start
>>>> /opt/accumulo/bin/accumulo init
>>>> /opt/accumulo/bin/start-all.sh
>>>> /opt/accumulo/bin/accumulo shell -u root
>>>>
>>>> and these commands to stop :
>>>>
>>>> /opt/hadoop/bin/stop-all.sh
>>>> /opt/zookeeper/bin/zkServer.sh stop
>>>> /opt/accumulo/bin/stop-all.sh
>>>>
>>>> On Fri, Jul 27, 2012 at 10:39 AM, John Vines <john.w.vines@ugov.gov>wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> Are you just doing stop-all.sh and then start-all.sh? Or are you
>>>>> running other commands?
>>>>>
>>>>> On Fri, Jul 27, 2012 at 10:35 AM, Jonathan Hsu <jreucypoda@gmail.com>wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>> I don't get any errors.  The tables just don't exist anymore, as
if I
>>>>>> were starting accumulo for the first time.
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> On Fri, Jul 27, 2012 at 10:32 AM, John Vines <john.w.vines@ugov.gov>wrote:
>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Can you elaborate on how they don't exist? Do you mean you have
>>>>>>> errors about files not being found for your table or every time
you start
>>>>>>> Accumulo it's like the first time?
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Sent from my phone, so pardon the typos and brevity.
>>>>>>> On Jul 27, 2012 10:29 AM, "Jonathan Hsu" <jreucypoda@gmail.com>
>>>>>>> wrote:
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Hey all,
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> I have a problem with my Accumulo tables deleting upon shutdown.
 I
>>>>>>>> currently have Accumulo, Zookeeper, and Hadoop in my /opt
directory.  I'm
>>>>>>>> assuming that somehow my tables are being placed in a tmp
directory that
>>>>>>>> gets wiped when I shut my computer off.  I'm trying to develop
and test on
>>>>>>>> my local machine.
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> What should I change in the conf files or otherwise in order
to
>>>>>>>> ensure that the tables are not destroyed on shutdown?
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Thanks
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> --
>>>>>>>> - Jonathan Hsu
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> --
>>>>>> - Jonathan Hsu
>>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> --
>>>> - Jonathan Hsu
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> - Jonathan Hsu
>>
>
>


-- 
- Jonathan Hsu

Mime
View raw message