accumulo-user mailing list archives

From "Cardon, Tejay E" <tejay.e.car...@lmco.com>
Subject RE: EXTERNAL: Re: GLIBC error
Date Tue, 24 Jul 2012 21:59:38 GMT
Thank you to John and John both.  I did a make on the C++ with no success.  Feeling slow today,
I somehow forgot to actually do the make INSTALL!!  I'll go take that route.

Tejay

-----Original Message-----
From: Josh Elser [mailto:josh.elser@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 24, 2012 4:51 PM
To: user@accumulo.apache.org
Subject: EXTERNAL: Re: GLIBC error

(Even though jvines beat me to it...)

Did you build the Accumulo distribution on the node which you're having these troubles on?

The native maps (the libNativeMap-Linux-amd64-64.so file) is C++ code which is called through
JNDI. I'm rusty on my dynamic linking, but check the version of gcc and glibc installed on
the host in question. I'm guessing there person who built the dist tarball you downloaded
doesn't match the versions you have on that host. Post your linux distro/release and the output
of `gcc -v` if you need more guidance.

An alternative, although not a very desirable one, is to move the native maps out of lib/native
(just move it to lib/native-orig and the tserver will just use Java code for the inMemoryMaps.
Your performance will suffer, but the tserver should start right up.