accumulo-user mailing list archives

From John Armstrong <j...@ccri.com>
Subject Re: Major Compacting ISAMs
Date Fri, 27 Jul 2012 15:35:10 GMT
On 07/27/2012 11:23 AM, Hugh Xedni wrote:
> If I load sorted key-value map or ISAM files into HDFS via bulk loading,
> how can I ensure only one file will be assigned to a tablet and major
> compaction is avoided?

I think (and those more knowledgeable will correct me if I'm wrong) that
you could achieve this by

(a) making sure that all your bulk-load files contain non-overlapping
Accumulo key ranges and are

(b) each smaller than the maximum tablet size on the table, and

(c) setting the table splits to the file key range boundaries before
bulk importing.

These should be sufficient conditions, though possibly (likely?) not
necessary.

hth