accumulo-user mailing list archives

From John Armstrong <j...@ccri.com>
Subject Re: WholeRowIterator, BatchScanner, and fetchColumnFamily don't play well together?
Date Mon, 09 Jul 2012 19:03:36 GMT
On 07/09/2012 02:59 PM, Adam Fuchs wrote:
> This was a fun one, but we figured it out. Thanks for providing code --
> that helped a lot. The quick workaround is to set the priority of the
> WholeRowIterator to 21, above the VersioningIterator. Turns out the two
> iterators are not commutative, so order matters.

Thanks; that's enough for me to see what must be going on inside given
what else I know, but it looks like a really great write-up for anyone
else who runs into the same problem.

And I had a feeling that the Scanner might end up doing the same thing,
but as I had a workaround already (though yours is clearly a better one)
I figured I may as well fire off what I'd seen to the list for any
deeper analysis.

Thanks again for the quick work.