accumulo-user mailing list archives

From "Sukant Hajra" <qn2b6c2...@snkmail.com>
Subject querying the tablet server for given row (to get locality)?
Date Sun, 01 Jul 2012 02:23:01 GMT
I've been considering using distributed messaging service (Akka in my case).
To get some throughput on ingesting data, I was going to shard computation
across multiple servers, but the backend is still Accumulo.

What bothers me is that I don't know the mapping from row IDs to tablet
servers, so every one of my nodes is talking ostensibly to every tablet server,
which is a lot of needless network traffic.

What I'd really like to do is collocate my computation on the relevant tablet
server to get the same benefits of locality Accumulo gets with HDFS.

I feel Accumulo has to have this information internally, but I haven't dug
deeply into the source to see if it's exposed to Accumulo clients.  Is it
there?  If it is exposed, is it supported?

Thanks for the help,
Sukant