accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Steven Troxell <steven.trox...@gmail.com>
Subject Accumulo on EC2: How to specify zookeeper servers.
Date Tue, 12 Jun 2012 22:48:49 GMT
Hi all,

If anyone has experience with Accumulo on Ec2, and can help me out, I'd
greatly appreciate it.

I have a client application that requires only a zookeeper server config
entry to connect to accumulo.  Set to "localhost" on my personal box this
works fine.    It seems fairly well-documented (
http://search-hadoop.com/m/sPdqNFAwyg2 for example)  that zookeeper and EC2
do not play nice.   I've tried some of the proposed solutions such as using
internal Ec2 hostnames in the zookeeper server config entry all to still
get the connection refused issues.

Moving my client into EC2 does not seem to be a viable option, because I
have so far been unsuccessful utilizing the ruby net/https to interact with
it.  I get obscure SSL errors when trying to connect from EC2 to
localhost,  and Connection reset by peer when trying to connect from
outside EC2.

My question is, does anyone have a working example of how to specify
Zookeeper instances/servers for Ec2?  Alternativley, would it make more
sense to move accumulo off EC2, and point Accumulo towards it instead?  Or
would this likely run into the same problem, cause at some point, zookeeper
would then need to connect in to EC2 to accumulo?

Thanks in advance for any/all help.