accumulo-user mailing list archives

From William Slacum <wsla...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Accumulo and file locality
Date Mon, 25 Jun 2012 17:20:55 GMT
The loggers will write to local disk, however, the TabletServer will
write out files to HDFS during major and minor compactions.

I don't know how complex the tablet assignment algorithm is, but it's
safe to assume that if your tablet spans multiple HDFS blocks, a
TServer will, in all likelihood, only be hosting 1 HDFS block of a
given tablet at any given time, and do fetches for other HDFS (and
RFile) blocks as the need arises. There is a caching mechanism for
holding on to RFile blocks.