accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Keith Turner <ke...@deenlo.com>
Subject Re: Problem with using iterators to access table
Date Wed, 27 Jun 2012 18:12:21 GMT
Any time there is an unexpected exception on the server side when
scanning you will see the "Error on server xxx" exception.  Then you
have to go look in the tablet server logs like Jim said to see what
the actual exception was.  The reason no information about the server
error is propagated to the client side is to avoid unintentional
information leakage.

On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 1:46 PM,  <Bob.Thorman@l-3com.com> wrote:
> I've seen similar exceptions with the iterators I've written and it turned out to be
invalid visibility labeling encountered by the scanner.  See JIRA tickets ACCUMULO-651 and/or
ACCUMULO-360.

directory. That wouldn't be causing the "built-in" iterators to produce an error also. Unfortunately
this error message isn't very informative because all the client knows is that a Thrift service
call somehow failed. The error message you want to look at will be in the tserver_<hostname>.log
file (or .debug.log