accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Jonathan Hsu <jreucyp...@gmail.com>
Subject Problem with using iterators to access table
Date Wed, 27 Jun 2012 17:03:14 GMT
I'm trying to use iterators to access a table that I created.  When I run a
MockInstance, the iterators work perfectly, but they don't work when I try
to use them on an actual table.  Also, if I don't add the iterators, the
scanner works fine as well.  I wrote both iterators, but the error doesn't
seem to be with my iterators, because I also attempted the same thing with
one of accumulo's iterators, and got the same result.  I know that the
table is created correctly (by checking the accumulo shell).

Here is my code :

/* created the table first */

Scanner scann = conn.createScanner(table, new Authorizations());
scann.setRange(new Range("term1"));

IteratorSetting cfg = new IteratorSetting(10, MyIterator1.class,
properties);
scann.addScanIterator(cfg);

IteratorSetting cfg2 = new IteratorSetting(11, MyIterator2.class,
properties);
scann.addScanIterator(cfg2);

I'm getting this error :

org.apache.accumulo.core.client.impl.AccumuloServerException: Error on
server127.0.0.1:9997
at
org.apache.accumulo.core.client.impl.ScannerIterator.hasNext(ScannerIterator.java:186)
at
com.bah.applefox.test.plugins.fulltextindex.DebugTest.main(DebugTest.java:151)

Caused by: org.apache.accumulo.core.client.impl.AccumuloServerException:
Error on server 127.0.0.1:9997
at
org.apache.accumulo.core.client.impl.ThriftScanner.scan(ThriftScanner.java:302)
at
org.apache.accumulo.core.client.impl.ScannerIterator$Reader.run(ScannerIterator.java:94)
at
org.apache.accumulo.core.client.impl.ScannerIterator.hasNext(ScannerIterator.java:176)
... 1 more

Caused by: org.apache.thrift.TApplicationException: Internal error
processing startScan
at
org.apache.thrift.TApplicationException.read(TApplicationException.java:108)
at
org.apache.accumulo.core.tabletserver.thrift.TabletClientService$Client.recv_startScan(TabletClientService.java:184)
at
org.apache.accumulo.core.tabletserver.thrift.TabletClientService$Client.startScan(TabletClientService.java:157)
at
at
at
org.apache.accumulo.cloudtrace.instrument.thrift.TraceWrap$2.invoke(TraceWrap.java:84)
at $Proxy2.startScan(Unknown Source)
at
org.apache.accumulo.core.client.impl.ThriftScanner.scan(ThriftScanner.java:415)
at
org.apache.accumulo.core.client.impl.ThriftScanner.scan(ThriftScanner.java:295)
... 3 more

Thanks for your time,

Jonathan Hsu