accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Hunter Provyn <hun...@ccri.com>
Subject how to use CountingIterator to count records?
Date Wed, 06 Jun 2012 17:39:25 GMT
I want to know the number of records a scanner has without actually
getting the records from cloudbase.
I've been looking at CountingIterator (1.3.4), which has a getCount()
method.  However, I don't know how
to access the instance to call getCount() on it because Cloudbase server
just passes back the entries and doesn't expose the instance of the
iterator.

It is possible to use an AggregatingIterator to aggregate all entries
into a single entry whose value is the number of entries.  But I was
wondering if there was a better way that possibly makes use of the
CountingIterator class.