accumulo-user mailing list archives

From "Perko, Ralph J" <Ralph.Pe...@pnnl.gov>
Subject table splits
Date Mon, 21 May 2012 16:24:49 GMT
Hi,

I am looking for advice on how to best layout my table splits.  I have a 7 node cluster and
my table contains ~10M records.  I would like to split the table equally across all the servers
however I see no utility to do this in this manner.  I understand I can create splits for
some letter range but I was hoping for some way to have accumulo create "n" equal splits.
 Is this possible?  Right now the best way I see to handle this is to write a utility that
iterates the table, keeps a count and at some given value (table size/ split count) spits
out the beginning and end row and then I create the split manually.

Thanks,
Ralph

Ralph Perko
Pacific Northwest National Laboratory