accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Sterling Foster <sterling.fos...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Node.js, RabbitMQ, and Accumulo
Date Fri, 04 May 2012 01:42:43 GMT
Josh,

Very nice. Would you be willing to give a talk at the next cloud meeting?

Sterling

Sent from my iPad

On May 2, 2012, at 9:46 PM, Josh Elser <josh.elser@gmail.com> wrote:

> A while back, I wrote some code as a proof of concept to use node.js (an event-driven,
server-side Javascript environment) as a way to ingest data into Accumulo. I think it's a
cool example of alternative ways to get data into Accumulo, so I cleaned up what I wrote and
posted it to Github.

> https://github.com/joshelser/node-accumulo
>
> Using RabbitMQ (open source message broker which implements the AMQP standard) and a
node.js plugin for AMQP, I was able to send data from a node.js process, through RabbitMQ,
into a background Java process which inserts the data into Accumulo.

> The example is a contrived website hit-tracking application (think Google Analytics).
When a user visits a website, an HTTP request -- with the client IP, server IP, and current
timestamp in the query string -- is made to an HTTP server running inside of the node.js process.
This information then makes its way into Accumulo as a key-value pair.

> I hope to expand on this some more, but I wanted to share the existing concept with everyone.
Instructions and additional information can be found on the project page. Feedback is welcome!