accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Billie J Rinaldi <billie.j.rina...@ugov.gov>
Subject Re: VersioningIterator - Latest version
Date Tue, 29 May 2012 13:48:52 GMT
On Tuesday, May 29, 2012 9:38:54 AM, "Bob Thorman" <Bob.Thorman@l-3com.com> wrote:
> Has anyone developed an iterator that returns the latest version of
> each
> RowID when the maxVersions is greater than one?

Could you give me an example of what you'd like to do?  The versioning iterator gives you
the latest version of each key when maxVersions is set to 1.  Are you trying to keep more
than one version stored, but only see one version when scanning?  If that's the case, you
could set maxVersions to 1 for the scan scope but set it higher for the other scopes.

Billie