accumulo-user mailing list archives

From "Kini, Ameet M." <ak...@mitre.org>
Subject RE: monitoring
Date Mon, 16 Apr 2012 15:53:27 GMT

Adam/Eric, thanks for your helpful responses.

Eric, I'm looking at your openTSDB port. With it and the tcollector changes, if I understand
correctly, I can use an existing Accumulo backend to store the metrics ? I wasn't sure because
src/create_table.sh still refers to HBase. Also, if there are any special setup instructions
instead or in addition to http://opentsdb.net/getting-started.html, would be good to know.

-Ameet Kini

From: Eric Newton [mailto:eric.newton@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, April 13, 2012 5:31 PM
To: user@accumulo.apache.org
Subject: Re: monitoring

Oops... premature send.  Also check out:

http://github.com/ericnewton/tcollector

-Eric
On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 5:29 PM, Eric Newton <eric.newton@gmail.com<mailto:eric.newton@gmail.com>>
wrote:
We have used hobbit, and ganglia... which explains why the master monitoring page shows so
much information.

I am going to continue to work on opentsdb support.  Maybe this weekend I'll get around to
teasing apart the hbase/accumulo back-ends and see if they will accept the patches.

Check out:

 http://github.com/ericnewton/opentsdb

On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 4:05 PM, Kini, Ameet M. <akini@mitre.org<mailto:akini@mitre.org>>