accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Adam Fuchs <adam.p.fu...@ugov.gov>
Subject Re: Newbie Install/Setup Questions
Date Tue, 10 Apr 2012 20:00:41 GMT
Sam,

Yes, Accumulo 1.4.0 should be compatible with Hadoop 1.0.1 after you remove
that check. We've run with it some, but mostly we've tested with 0.20.x.
Please let us know if you see any compatibility problems.

There are two possibilities for why your second tablet server did not
start. Either the start-all.sh script did not try to start the other server
because your conf/slaves file doesn't reference the other server, or the
other server has a configuration problem that prevented it from starting.
Does your conf/slaves file contain both machine names of your tablet
servers, and does the start-all.sh script print out something like
"starting tablet server on ..." for both servers? If it does, then check to
see that the configuration is identical on both servers.

Cheers,
Adam