accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Jared winick <jaredwin...@gmail.com>
Subject Trendulo - A Twitter Analytics Demo on Accumulo
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2012 13:35:31 GMT
I gave an Introduction to Apache
Accumulo<http://www.slideshare.net/jaredwinick/introduction-to-apache-accumulo>
presentation
last month at the Boulder/Denver
Meetup<http://www.meetup.com/Boulder-Denver-Big-Data/events/55277392/>
where
I demoed an application that used Accumulo to provide real-time and
historical access to words/phrases seen in Twitter messages as well as
daily trend analysis. I finally got the demo polished up a bit and running
on Amazon EC2 where it can be found at http://trendulo.com.

Trendulo is still pretty Alpha at this point so please feel free to add to
the existing documented issues at
https://github.com/jaredwinick/trendulo where
you can also obviously find the source.

As an example, the following link will show the launch of Instagram's
Android client, followed by Facebook's purchase and then a small increase
in general "chatter" about the product http://goo.gl/XcCG8

Let me know if anyone has any questions or comments.  Feel free to tweet
@trendulo any interesting searches and I can retweet them out.

Jared