accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Keith Turner <ke...@deenlo.com>
Subject Re: Write ahead log growth and reduction
Date Wed, 11 Apr 2012 14:48:16 GMT
How big is the partition?  Are the same number of logger servers
running as tablet servers?

You can scan the metadata table to look for tablets that have alot of
write-ahead logs. I think the command below will show you how many
write-ahead logs each tablet has.  Look for any tablets that have too
many. I think it should sort the tablets with the most tablets to the
top, but not positive.

   ./bin/accumulo shell -u root -p secret -e 'scan -t !METADATA -c
log' | cut -f 1 -d ' ' | uniq -c  | sort -r -n

I think the following command will show you how many active log each
logger has.  This should be even.

   ./bin/accumulo shell -u root -p secret -e 'scan -t !METADATA -c
log' | cut -f 2 -d ' ' | cut -d ':' -f 2 | sort | uniq -c

You can use the "flush -p" command in the shell to force data in
memory to disk and stop referencing write-ahead logs.  Maybe execute
the commands above before and after flushing.

Keith