accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Nabeel Hopeson <nabeel.hope...@gmail.com>
Subject Documentation feedback
Date Wed, 18 Apr 2012 19:28:17 GMT
Hello,

There is some confusion on the following page
http://accumulo.apache.org/1.4/user_manual/Table_Design.html#Indexing.

In the section "Indexing", row ids are fetched by the following code

for(Entry<Key,Value> entry : indexScanner)

matchingRows.add(new Text(entry.getValue()));

According to the diagram within the Indexing section, I would have expected
this code

for(Entry<Key,Value> entry : indexScanner)

matchingRows.add(new Text(entry.getKey(). getColumnQualifier()));

Can you provide clarification in the documentation if I am misunderstanding
how it works? It is confusing that it would retrieve the "value" of the
entry when the row id is in the column qualifier.

Finally, the last line in that same example uses an undeclared variable e.

System.out.println(e.getValue());

but I think what was meant was

System.out.println(entry.getVa lue());

Hopefully my feedback will be of use to others,

Thanks,

Nabeel Hopeson