accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Aaron Cordova <aa...@cordovas.org>
Subject Re: Navtive libs in accumulo source
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2012 14:41:06 GMT
Are the native libs compiled by default, i.e. via mvn compile or whatever?

On Apr 3, 2012, at 10:26 AM, John Vines wrote:

> They are not required, but you get better performance by using the native maps. You can
build them by going to $ACCUMULO_HOME/src/server/src/main/c++/ and run make.

> John
>
> On Tue, Apr 3, 2012 at 10:17 AM, Hider, Sandy <Sandy.Hider@jhuapl.edu> wrote:
> I am using Accumulo 1.4 rc5 which I checked out and compiled.  After installing on our
cloud, the tserver logs were showing an error loading the native libraries,  I do not recall
which now.  However when I checked my accumulo version it did not even have an lib/native
directory.

> I was able to find and use the native dir under the Binary distribution of 1.3.5 but
now I am wondering how should I have acquired the native files?  Did I miss a step when compiling?